Labelle Cuisine: Recipes to Sing About
    by Patti LaBelle

View our Library

 

Monday, July 17, 2006

Making Puff Puff by Onada!

Puff Puff Ingredients (for approx 15 puff puff balls)



1. 2 cups of Flour.
2. 2 cups of water (1 Cup can be substituted with Milk).
3. 1 teaspoon of quick rising yeast.
4. As much sugar as you like.
5. (1 egg can also be added).


You'll need to mix in all ingredients till it’s got a thick consistency. Make sure you taste it so you know if it’s sweet enough for you.

Don’t forget to add your teaspoon of yeast and mix it all till its smooth and fluffy.
If you don’t have any idea when that will be, try mixing it in 100 full circles and you should be fine. At this point, put it in a plastic container and cover with foil and leave it to rise either in the fridge or on the counter top (I've found it easier to make cold puff puff mixture into nice round balls using a tablespoon).
After a few hours your puff puff should have risen to about twice the size of the original mixture or more and will be very sticky and will draw (kinda like okra soup)

Heat up some oil and fry till golden brown.

Comments on "Making Puff Puff by Onada!"

 

Blogger LondonBuki said ... (2:47 AM) : 

Finally!!! I'll try this out and let you know the outcome.

 

Blogger Ms. May said ... (6:59 AM) : 

So ummm.....how about I tried the puff puff recipe and it refused to form round balls. Came out flat as a pancake. I wonder what I did wrong. Any suggestions?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Ms May, your puff puff came out flat either because you didn't let it rise or because you didn't add enough yeast :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:11 AM) : 

CAn u guys post the recipe for Meat Pie or Fish Roll

I mean 9ja style o
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

 

Anonymous Jennifer Bynum said ... (12:45 PM) : 

While in Germany on concert tour, I stayed with a family from the Congo. My hostess (a beautiful Congolese woman) fixed this recipe and I believe she called it 'Puff Puff' it was an all day affair preparing such a wonderful dessert. I had never tasted anything so wonderful in my life.
I've scoured the internet for this recipe. Thank you....Jennifer

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:55 PM) : 

I just wanna know the right Amount of yeast to use for 25kg of flour for puffpuffn thank you.

 

post a comment

Locations of visitors to this page